Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
entire game deleted
Kan
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 9:39:39 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I was playing awhile ago and all was going well. Today I load up the app and click play like usual, but this time it took me through the guide again. My game was deleted some way ir another. Another person had a game saved a well and theirs is still there. It's not a huge problem if I can't get my characters back because I was considering starting a new team anyways, and the name adventurer wasn't working so well anymore lol. I have the lite version and am on a straight talk hauwei ascend y Android phone running gingerbread 2.3.
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 10:27:41 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Did you lose everything, or are your saved games still there? I have had a couple of reports of people losing there current game file before. I believe that the game file is getting corrupted some how and the game is unable to load it. I have looked into the problem and cannot see how that can happen, but it obviously does. In the next release, I plan to have the game make a backup each time the game is saved so that it can recover if the file becomes corrupt.

Also note, that if you send a comment in game, it will send your game file to my server, and if at some point you lose your game (or have to re-install) I can set up a download to restore the game.

Finally if you need more portal gems to save your game (in case this happens again), send me an email to support@gabysoft.com and I will set you up.
Kan
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 11:59:03 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Alright, a theory, perhaps the game was running in the background since I hit the hone button while I was playing at work (on break of course). I did drop my phone that day. The jar could have corrupted the data. I figured it would still show the data in game if it were, but if the app can't display a corrupted save then that makes perfect sense. which file are the saves in? I may not be able to see then since my device isn't rooted.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 5:34:49 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I doubt that the drop caused the problem. I believe that there is a bug somewhere that causes it (you are not the only one who has experienced this, but it is rare). You will not be able to see the saved files unless you root your phone.