Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Combat bugging with Dex >= 35
Chilkoot
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 7:24:58 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I've noticed that when a melee character reaches 35 dex, their combat timer essentially disappears and they swing repeatedly with no delay. When they enter this 'looping' you can also no longer interrupt/change their attack, nor can you effectively control other characters.

Of course, this makes the party pretty much immortal as monsters can no longer swing back before they are all dead, unless you are *seriously* outclassed, and even then it would have to be multiple groups of mobs.

I noticed this effect with 2 Samurai at the front of the party, one with 36 Dex, one with 34 Dex (the one with 36 exhibited the loop, 34 did not). When the second Samurai leveled up and hit 35 Dex, he started bugging out the same as well. I haven't tested it with any other classes, but it should be possible to roll up an elf, gnoll or hobbit charater and have them at 35+ Dex right out of the guild, depending on class. Very exploitable if that's the case. I'll try to do a little testing and send more info.
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 9:12:59 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes, I was aware of this bug and it is fixed in the next version. I was hoping that no one raised their dex above 33 before the fix was accepted by Apple, but that obviously didn't happen. The calculation for the delay blows up for a dex 33 or greater and the game breaks.

Even with the fix, however, I fear that Samurai are simply too powerful, and something else will need to be done.