Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Major inventory meltdown
MithrilCoat
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 10:26:49 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Well the last error series seems to have been related to my device and operating system, and has been resolved. Thank you John! This new report has brought me to a standstill with the game because it seems pointless to continue on until this is resolved.

I spent a bunch of time building up some kobolds to be rangers and samurai. Something like 20 hours in which I was running up chars, then trying to get them thru the guilds, starting over with new chars etc. I stripped the rest of my crew of their items and relegated them to LIGNE Tap, where I assumed they would spend the interval getting trashed on digital ale and telling long tales of their much exaggerated prowess.

By the time I was satisfied with my new Kobold BAMF's I returned to the tavern to assemble my new crew, and then outfit them, I discovered that my entire inventory stopped at the letter C. IE I had 9 Amulet of Isis, and 26 conjurer's gems, but beyond that... everything else was gone.

Of course, I hadn't made a backup in some time, and so I went back several hours worth of game time, and discovered that my inventory from that time slice stopped at the letter G. I went back even further, and discovered that my inventory was intact before I started building the Kobolds -- basically 20 + hours of play time ago.

If I hadn't stripped down the entire party, then people would still have their weapons and armor and such, I would just carry on and rebuild the inventory that I wasn't using anyhow. Unfortunately, I have no leather armor, no maces, no Kargen Hammers (except those I was using on the chars I was building) and no staves. These are all pretty much important elements of the game for me!

Has anyone else experienced this error previously? Or is it another manifestation of my device?

Was I near "capacity" on the inventory system, and then removing all the items from all my chars, pushed me over the top into some sort of stack overflow error that just truncated everything? Is there any hope of recovering both the characters I have built (lately) and the inventory I had accumulated (previously)?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

MC
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:10:23 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My suspicion is that you were near the max for the total amount of equipment you can have and that there is a bug associated with that. I will take a look at the code.

Thanks.
foxvalley123
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:21:30 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Message was deleted by Moderator.