Tag as favorite
Suggestions to improve Simple Pleasures puzzle game
oldjackbob
#1 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 2:47:35 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Dear sir,

I really enjoy your Simple Pleasures puzzle game. If I may I'd like to make a couple of suggestions that IMO would greatly enhance the user experience...

1) The game makes my Android phone run hot and drains the battery very fast. In fact, I can only play the game if I'm plugged into a charger. Can you please make the game easier on the battery? One requirement I have for any game on my phone is that it be easy on the battery. The few other games I have (Freecell, Solitaire, Cubetris) are very easy on the battery. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with my phone, because I don't have any unnecessary tasks going on in the background (my phone has been rooted for several years and the OS is quite spartan, no bloatware or social apps, etc.).

2) Can you please make the numbers along the edges larger and easier to read? They're very small and my eyes are old and poor.

Kind thanks,
oldjackbob
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 4:04:30 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the feedback. When on the game screen, we use a display mode which is constantly updating the screen. This is generally needed to handle the animations of the tiles being painted and/or broken as well as the selection. However, it is not really necessary when you are sitting there thinking. We were not aware that this could cause such a drain on the battery for some devices as it does not seem to be a problem on the devices we use to test. I will look into what might be done that would help and see if we can't make it better.

As for the size of the text, the biggest problem with trying to change that is that it is really different on every device. We try and choose a text size that maximizes the amount of playing space while retaining readability, but it is difficult to do for all devices. Perhaps the solution is to provide a setting on the options page which allows you to control the text size. Let me give it some thought.

Thanks.
oldjackbob
#3 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 4:26:54 PM

Medals:

Awesome, John, many thanks for looking into that - Simple Pleasures is certainly one of my favorite games, quite addicting, and I plan on playing it for a long time to come!

Kindest regards,
oldjackbob

EDIT: I'll be glad to be a beta tester for you during your revisions, if you wish - just an offer..
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 4:44:08 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
oldjackbob wrote:
EDIT: I'll be glad to be a beta tester for you during your revisions, if you wish - just an offer..

Why don't you contact me at support@gabysoft.com, and if I come up with something, I will have you give it a try.

Thanks.

oldjackbob
#5 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:03:38 PM

Medals:

Done, thanks!