Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
20 x 20 puzzles only on FlipPix Art ?
geekay46
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:37:03 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Thoroughly enjoyed the Flippix Art puzzles that I have just finished. Had contemplated purchasing another but having got to the end can see no sense in doing anything less than 20 x 20 puzzles. Do you have any plans to release a set with just 20 x 20 puzzles for more experienced players who no longer have the need to work through the three lower levels?
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:53:00 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
geekay46 wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed the Flippix Art puzzles that I have just finished. Had contemplated purchasing another but having got to the end can see no sense in doing anything less than 20 x 20 puzzles. Do you have any plans to release a set with just 20 x 20 puzzles for more experienced players who no longer have the need to work through the three lower levels?

Actually you are the first person to ever ask for that. The fact is that unless you have a 10" tablet, the 20x20 puzzles require scrolling and a great many people dislike that (we have customers that refuse to work the 20x20 puzzles for that reason). Also if we were to create versions with only 20x20 puzzles, we would need to create a lot more scenes which would be difficult. We are a very small shop (literally a Mom & Pop shop), and we struggle to create even one new version a month, as it is. It would be possible to create harder 15x15 puzzles (to make that size more challenging), but, once again, we are not seeing a lot of call for that either. We normally get more complaints about the puzzles being too difficult, rather than too easy.
geekay46
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2014 8:35:41 AM

Medals:

Thanks for your swift reply. I think my wife will be very pleased with your reply, it means that I shall have to start conversing again!!! I agree about the size limitations with tablets but found that the head scratching and sense of fulfilment that came with the 20 x 20 puzzles far outweighed the problem. Good luck with future puzzles.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:36:43 PM

Medals:

Thanks for the feedback.
kopi91aak11
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 7:06:15 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Message was deleted by Moderator.
Sbgranny
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 1:04:23 PM

Medals:

I agree with this
Would love only 20 x 20 puzzles
John Gaby
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:08:30 PM

Medals:

Sbgranny wrote:
I agree with this
Would love only 20 x 20 puzzles

I appreciate your feedback, but it would be difficult for us to create a set that contained only 20x20 puzzles. Note that creating puzzles is not just a matter of setting which pixels are on and off. We must make puzzles that have unique solutions (it is actually very easy to create puzzles which have multiple solutions). We also solve each puzzle to determine the difficulty, and if we deem the puzzle is too difficult, we must tone it down. The larger the puzzle, the longer it takes. To create an entire set of 240 puzzles that were all 20x20 would require both a lot of time creating puzzles and a lot more artwork and I am afraid that we would probably never recoup those costs.