Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Regarding FlipPix 20x20 puzzles help
g25
#1 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 7:29:13 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi, I used to have a first generation kindle fire but its stopped charging properly so I just purchased a New Asus Google Nexus 7 (2012 first generation) pad. I had purchased a couple of FlipPix (New York and Simple Pleasures) on the Kindle Fire and have some of the free ones and have thought about purchasing others for my Nexus 7 first gen but I am having a problem.

On the Kindle Fire the 20x20 puzzles show up much bigger and i need to scroll down to see it all. I LIKE this as it makes it larger/easier to see and play. On the Nexus 7, the 20x20 puzzles are scaled down so the entire puzzle/grid is on one screen and won't scroll. This makes it much more difficult, smaller, and harder to touch specific boxes. Is this due to the Nexus 7s larger resolution? I have seen others remark that they can scroll on their Nexus 7s (maybe an older revision with a lower resolution)?? Or should it be scrolling and for some reason its not?

Running android version 4.4.2 Kitkat on custom rom. Fully rooted. All my other games run just fine and look the same. I am proficient enough and the device is rooted so i can get to any file. Are there any files i need to edit or anything I can do? I play these games a lot so I need a fix.

Thanks!
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 10:41:05 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We determine whether scrolling is required based on the information about the display that is reported by the device. We try and set it so that 7" devices scroll 20x20 puzzles but 10" devices do not. However, we cannot tell what the actual size of a device is and have to use the screen resolution and pixel density reported by the device to make an estimate of it's size. Since your device is running a custom ROM, you might be able to change the screen density to make the tablet appear smaller (you would need to increase the density to do that). Right now it must be returning numbers that make it appear to be a 10" device.
g25
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:14:13 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Was able to use Xposed framework and the Xposed module "App Settings 1.7.1" which allows you to change per app setting resolution, dpi, force various orientaions ,etc. Awsome app! Made sure the games were set to 800x1280 (my native resolution) and changed the dpi to 300. The dpi change did it! Anyway thats for anyone running a rooted device that needs to do what i just did. In the REVERSE you could use the app/module to LOWER the dpi setting some and FORCE everything to shrink down to fit the entire puzzle on one screen, no scrolling. Only works for root obviously. The joys of rooting :P

Thanks!
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2014 8:59:43 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the tip. I am glad you got it to work.